Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Little Boys

Several people asked me after Matt died "How do you get out of bed in the morning?" This is my secret: I have 3 phenomenal little boys who make me laugh, cry, yell, play, share secrets, sigh, tickle, snuggle, yell, read, daydream, hug, kiss, wrestle, run, jump, did I mention yell?, think, tell stories, love...and if that wasn't enough to get a person out of bed every morning, there's the laundry. ;)

Our neighbors took Brigham and Hunter fishing for the first time. They were so excited. They almost caught a fish this big. They're pretty much the cutest kids ever. (quotes are from scrapbook.com)


"Between the innocence of babyhood and the dignity of manhood, we find
a delightful creature of a boy."


"You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll
turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes"


"Panic, chaos, disorder...my work here is done."


"Boys are found everywhere... on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around, or jumping to. A boy is truth with dirt on its face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."




"There's a special place in Heaven for a mom of all boys."

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I love those quotes! Especially the first and last ones. Cute boys too!

katie said...

I totally concur...I have girls, too, but the quotes are totally true for my boys. I can't believe how big your boys are getting. So handsome. I hope you are doing well.

Love ya,
Katie

Becky said...

Everyday they save our lives! I couldn't even imagine going through the challenges we both face without our children to find strength for, laugh for, smile for, live for. We need a lunch soon.

Peterson Family said...

Those pictures are priceless! I love the one at the end with them each holding their prized fishin' poles. So sweet.

Can't wait to try the brownies, YUMMY!! SOOOOO worth the 15 hour treadmill experience (at least that's what I will tell myself as I gulp down half the pan- hehe...). :)

I enjoyed your previous post as well. I totally agree that you are a Jan Austen (SP?). You write with so much raw emotion, but it's sincere too and not at all pessimistic. Just real. Cause that's how life is. Keep it up.

Mom said...

Very cute boys! But then what do I know? Just a word about Brigham's shirt. I told him one day that I really did not like that shirt---skeleton and all you know--Anyway he just grinned and now makes a point of showing it off whenever he puts it on, which is more than before I mention it. lesson learned. VERY cute boys, though!

Cami Epperson said...

Oh the things I have to look forward to!