Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hunter's Little Secret



Hunter will either keep me young or age me before my time, I can't decide which. Last night when I was putting him to bed I discovered one of his little secrets. He didn't like the book I chose to read to him, but he didn't want to get up to pick a different one. I didn't either, so I opted to make one up instead. "Do you want to hear a story about a little boy named Hunter who lives in a castle and chases dragons?" "No," says he, "I don't wike dat story." How 'bout the one about the little boy named Hunter who goes fishing in the ocean? Who goes on a pirate ship? Who hunts lions in Africa? No, no, no.

How 'bout a story about a little boy named Hunter who goes on a stage and gets to sing a song with the Wiggles? Can you believe it, that one was a winner! So I proceeded to make up a story with the afore mentioned plot line. A little boy named Hunter goes to a Wiggles concert...blah blah blah. I got to the end of the story and Hunter said, "I wike dat one. Read it again." So I told it all over again and he went to sleep happily. Now it's common knowledge around here that Hunter LOVES the movie "Enchanted" (I bought the boys kazoos the other day. Hunter played his in the car for awhile, then proudly announced "That was the Gisele song!") and he sits still through American Idol, but I think we might be developing a pattern now. My little bully loves singing and dancing!

This morning the Easter Bunny picked up High School Musical for Hunter's Easter basket. I'm sure it will be an instant favorite.

3 comments:

Sara said...

So sweet!! Avery LOVES high school musical, they watched it in music class last year & he begged me to get it for him. I recently got him a disney karoke game for the xbox & he sings the the hs musical songs over & over. It's so funny, & as you know I can't sing to save my life & neither can he!

Staci Kramer said...

I LOVE picturing you making up these fabulous bedtime stories for Hunter. Its moments like this that make a childhood happy. Also, don't forget that he has performing in his blood. Maybe he will be the fifth Wiggle one day. I could totally see that.

Brenda said...

I just asked Hunter what color he'd be if he became the fifth Wiggle. He says green.