Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Not Your Mother's S'mores

Inspiration can come from anywhere. It's almost inspiring just thinking about all the places you can get inspiration. Last week I got it on an end cap at Target. It looked an awful lot like a bag of caramel filled- and a bag of peanut butter filled- Ghirardelli squares.


Last week with our Texas constituency in town for Christmas we decided it was finally time to break in the backyard fire pit with a family marshmallow roast. So after a delicious dinner at Lulu's Tacos we headed back to the casa.



The day before the big event I had gone to Target to pick up some Hershey bars for s'mores making (which should be an Olympic Sport...or the official National Pastime...or something really awesome) and that's when I got inspired... If there's one thing I learned from all my years with Matt, it's that even a great classic can be improved on. Laymen might consider it more of a snob factor, which is fine by me. We'll just call these Snobby S'mores...they are lovingly made with the afore mentioned Ghirardelli squares instead of the everyday Hershey bar. And Oh My Cow (direct quote from Hunter) are they good!



Seriously inspired.
While I wouldn't say it came about as the result of inspiration, this is Hunter's version of a s'more. "I don't need the crackers" he says.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

SO glad they turned out!! It was nice running into you that day @ target!! :) E mail me your email.. kellycscott@hotmail.com

Erin said...

Oh my cow is right! Those look and sound amazing. Makes me wish I had a backyard firepit!

Frankie and Krista said...

I have been thinking about these since you told me.... family night better come soon:)

lumz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
roymama said...

Oh those look so gooood. Don't have the fire pit, but these should work done over a gas stove right?

Mom said...

Or in a microwave or chiminea? Glad to hear the firepit finally got an official breaking in. Excellent crew to do it with! Nice to see all having a good time. The upgrade sounds gooey as well as good. Love you.

dustin and amy said...

My Dustin would love those! Those are his favorite chocolates and he is such a food snob! I tell him all the time. We just might have to try those, thanks for sharing your inspiration.