Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Little Healthy Competition

Seth was a really big baby. Larger than my previous two, and I gained 20 pounds less with him than I did with the other two. Sounds hopeful, no? Pretty much within 2 weeks of his birth I was back to my pre-Seth weight. Don't even bother trying to hate me over that because I still have 25 pounds hanging around after my pregnancy with Hunter and 20 more from Brigham.
Not pretty. So...
6 weeks after Seth was born I started doing the treadmill 6 days a week, along with 100 crunches and a serious number of push ups. I think I should be hot by now. But Seth just turned 7 months old and I have not lost a single pound in all that time. (DON'T even think about putting in the comment section that I'm gaining muscle, because I SO DO NOT CARE WHAT IT IS AS LONG AS THAT NUMBER ON THE SCALE STAYS THE SAME!) I'm thinking it's time to kick it up a notch. A friend of a friend is holding a little competition.
Here are the specs from her blog:
****
Feeling sluggish? Fat? Dreading swimsuit season? Want to be healthier? Let’s work together, motivate each other, and have a little competition! I just finished a similar competition and loved it so much that I had to start this one so I could continue on a healthy path. It’s great motivation! Not only because you could win money, but you have to report your points weekly for everyone to see! You don’t want to look like a bum!
Here’s how it works: All contestants will need to donate $20 bucks to the pot to be involved. There are 10 points to be earned each day, Monday through Saturday. Sunday is a free day, with no exceptions. The total you can earn in a week is 60 points. All points are to be emailed to Mariel every Sunday and they will be posted by Monday on a blog (made specifically for this competition). For every day after Sunday that you send in your points, you will lose a point. So, make sure you email them over on Sunday!
Here is a breakdown of the points:
No Sugar – 1 point
No Unhealthy Snacks – 1 point
Healthy & Correctly Portioned Breakfast – 1 point
Healthy & Correctly Portioned Lunch – 1 point
Healthy & Correctly Portioned Dinner – 1 point
Take Multi-Vitamin – 1 point
No Food After 8:30 p.m. – 1 point
Exercise 45 minutes – 2 points
Drink 64 oz. Fluid (No Sugar!) – 1 point
Total = 10 points daily

You will also have 10 bonus points that can be used throughout the competition for those days where you are really struggling. You will need to report any bonus points used in your Sunday email. Any unused points will be added to your final score at the end!
There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner. The first prize winner will get 50% of the money, 2nd place will get 30 %, and 3rd will get 20%. Everyone will get a healthier/sexier body!
The competition will start May 24th and will run for 10 weeks until August 1st. All money is due by May 20th. You can mail your payment to:

(if you want the info, leave a comment w/your email or some contact info and I'll give it to you.)
The blog I will set up is a place that everyone will be able to post to. Not only will you see everyone’s points posted there, but you can offer some suggestions on things working for you, recipes you love, motivating, thoughts, questions for the contestants, etc.
****
My sister Ami and I are in and we would love to have you join in too so we can take
your money when we win.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Did you read my post on being pathetic already today? Email me the info. You know I like to win things!

The Carpentiers said...

Count me in! Maybe this is what I need to kick start myself again. I HATE to lose so watch out!!

natalie said...

I had 65 pounds to lose after both of my pregnancies. It's rough to get it off. I truly think clean eating amounts to 75% of the work, the other 25% is cardio and weights. I was diligent with my workouts and so conscious of what I ate after Joseph was born, and I lost 70 pounds in a year. You can do it. :)

I'm so glad you're doing this with me! Show me the $$$$!!

awilley said...

Brenda, Terry Willey is trying to reach you. Please send your contact info to me at awilley@willeyins.com. Thanks.

Sami said...

Wow, this competition has the potential to get EXCITING!!!! I need to do this. Please send me the info.

Danell said...

I am SO in! Love her idea for having a blog we all share too. Get ready to lose, ya'll!