Saturday, August 1, 2009

Not Your Typical Before and After

How long has it been since the last time I fell out of love with my blog? It happened again...oh well.

I've been working on kid stuff and house stuff and yard stuff. Now that I have finally stopped redesigning the pool and surrounding area (my contractor says he doesn't hate me...), we are getting started! I have some atypical before and after pics. A normal person would look at these and think I loaded them in the wrong order, but no.


BEFORE:











AFTER:


















How fun is that?! Not a single blade of grass left! The back yard has been completely demolished and I couldn't be happier about it. Except for this:






This is what you find in your laundry room when heavy machinery is ripping out your back yard. By the end of the day on Monday we should be the proud owners of an enormous hole, and probably more nasty scorpions... my bug guy Jon has already been put on notice.

3 comments:

Mom said...

That really does seem backwards!! Some would mortgage very important stuff to have grass like that WAS!

BUT... there is only so much a family can do with a lot of grass and I don't see you doing any of them.

SO...out with the old and in with the new. Looking forward to the REST of the story!

Staci Kramer said...

Bren, It literally hurts me to see such a nice yard ripped out. Your before pictures are exactly what I dream of having in my backyard (minus the giant kitty litter box). Too bad you can't give someone a hand-me-down yard.

Brooke said...

Can't wait to see the progress!! And those scorpions are nasty! Oh my they give me chills just to see the pic! Hopefully Jon takes care of you!