Friday, February 27, 2009

Keep Going

Last night I started reading a book called Keep Going: The Art of Perseverance. Just reading the title I was intrigued...Art?...Have you ever thought of putting up with the crap life throws at us as an art form? The book is a collection of conversations between a Lakota man and his grandfather as they teach and learn about life. This is like one of those Amazon.com listings where you can peek into the book before putting it into your cart:

"Grandfather says this: 'Life can give you strength. Strength can come from facing the storms of life, from knowing loss, feeling sadness and heartache, from falling into the depths of grief. You must stand up in the storm. You must face the wind and the cold and the darkness. When the storm blows hard you must stand firm, for it is not trying to knock you down, it is really trying to teach you to be strong.'"

Many times lately I have felt like the storms of life are trying to knock me down. I wonder how I'll feel as I change my perspective to learning to be strong.

Our littles make us strong, too. I worked serious muscles trying to get a great picture of all three of them looking cherubic. It didn't happen. I settled for this one because it seemed to capture the realism in my life: Hunter has crazy in his eyes, Seth is drooling a steady stream and Brigham is the mostly cooperative big brother.



2 comments:

Danell said...

Love that picture! So sweet! I love Seths big eyes.

Sami said...

I love this pic! Can Seth be any cuter?!?!?!?!