Friday, September 25, 2009

Puddle Hopping

It's finally finished and we are ready for the big unveiling...






A friend of mine tried to talk me out of the boulder on the baja step before it was mortared in, but having already had 7 kids in the pool at one time, I can tell you that jump rock is a screaming success.



All the pots light up, we just had one on to test. I acknowledge that there is a certain amount of common sense expected of ones children when open fire is right next to designated diving platforms...I'll let you know how it goes. If in subsequent posts my kids are sporting gauze bandages on any extremities, that's your sign that it hasn't gone well.







These columns are probably my favorite feature. The sound of the water cascading down, the flickering of the fire, the glow of the interior pool light at night. Buddha would be happy. *gasp* Brainchild! I should become certified to teach yoga and have classes poolside at night!







The kids are all so excited the pool is finally done. The chemicals were just balanced on Wednesday and they've already been in 3 times.













Tomorrow the cinder block wall will be painted, landscaping and patio resurfacing next week. Then we'll be ready for the full before and after. If you're going to come swim let me know quick--the water is just going to get colder from here on out!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, the pool looks gorgeous! I feel relaxed just looking at it!

Ami said...

I'm going to come swim. One week.

Whitny said...

Wow it looks great.

Quin's momma said...

I'm glad you said the cinder block wall is going to be painted. It was ruining my mojo with the pool. I'm anxious to see how it looks after that is done and there is some greenage around? If it weren't so far to drive- I'd come test it out for you. It looks as though all the kids enjoy it- and especially my little boyfriend Seth.

Brooke said...

How neat! I love the fire! I was telling Ami that we were kind of planning on going to Flagstaff this next Spring/Summer so we wanna make a stop at your place too! If that's okay of course. :) We will bring out suits!

Mom said...

That yoga idea doesn't sound bad! Maybe you should hang onto it long enough to check it out. Can't wait to see it and all of you!!!

Angela said...

Looks great! Wow swimming in October!! Is it heated or just still that hot there?

rachel pickup said...

the pics of the boys are priceless!