Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I haven't been ignoring your requests for house pictures, I just feel like I want everything completely done and amazing looking before I post pictures. It will be awhile longer before we are to the "amazing looking" stage, so I'm giving in a little. I've been trying to get a picture of the chandelier in my powder room that adequately showcases it's awesomeness, but it eludes me. If I take a picture with the light on, all I get are black images with faint spots of light. If I take pictures with the light off, I lose the wow factor of the light fixture. I went on the company's website hoping to get a good picture of it there, but it just didn't do it justice. So this will have to do...




I wish I could convincingly describe how much more fabulous it is in person with the bulbs illuminated...*sigh*




With the blue, purple and amber crystals all aglow, can you imagine what a delightful light this would be to potty under? Now what to do with the rest of the room...chrome frames and black and white damask fabric is where I'm headed I think. I'm shooting for glam--something just this close to over the top. Some friends were over the other day and the guy went in to use the facilities. When he came out he said, "You know that's a bathroom, right?" No, silly...it's a powder room...

8 comments:

Sami said...

That was a very good try! The pic doesn't do it justice at all! :) Looks like you may have to have an open house or even better, a "project night", just so we can see the "pretty light" in the powder room. :)

Sami said...

P.S. Faith said it is the most "pretty Light" she has ever seen!!!!! A girl has got to have her BLING!!!

Angela said...

I absolutely love it!!

Pepple said...

Beautiful! Even if the picture doesn't do it justice, how gorgeous would that be in a powder room. Love it!

Staci Kramer said...

I would like to take this opportunity to bear my testimony of the fabulous-ness of the chandelier in Brenda's powder room. Just the right mix of sparkle and retro-glam. Demask would be amazing with it. Have you considered papering the whole back wall demask and then adding a huge piece of artwork with those colors in it? I can't wait to see what you come up with...

Britty said...

i've seen the wonderousness of the chandelier, and it is fab!

Quin's momma said...

It looks simply fabulous, dah-ling. Can't wait to see it after the whole thing is put together!

Cami Epperson said...

I too will attest to the awesomeness of this chandelier! Sorry, though, Brenda... I tried to find pictures of the black glass I was envisioning to no avail. Looks like you can't find everything through Google after all. If I do come across one, I will pass it along. Otherwise, happy powder room decorating. I'm sure it will be fabulous like the rest of the house!